American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. A person or department providing legal assistance.
- Legal applies to what is sanctioned by law or in conformity with the law, especially as it is written or administered by the courts.
- 2022Written by Miriam Peñafiel Businesses are increasingly looking for technology and software providers.
- Legal as a legal adviser in January 2007.
- We offer organizers of legal IT seminars, events and conferences a unique marketing and promotion opportunity.
- The former hinges on the possibility of software agents being regarded as legal persons in the eyes of the law.
- While all these words mean “being in accordance with law,” legal applies to what is sanctioned by law or in conformity with the law, especially as it is written or administered by the courts.
DisclaimerAll content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. 2022Written by Editor International law firm Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner will redesign how work is allocated across its litigation practice in North America, supported by resource management specialists BigHand.
When Can Lawful Be Used Instead Of Legal?
Peter qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and joined Which? legal as a legal adviser in January 2007. He advises on all aspects of consumer law, tenancy issues, and neighbour disputes.
However, legitimate may apply to a legal right or status but also, in extended use, to a right or status supported by tradition, custom, or accepted standards. Last year, the Chinese government told employers that a work schedule at some Chinese tech firms of 9-9-6, meaning 9 a.m. 6 days a week, wasn’t legal.
Finding Free Or Affordable Legal Help
If you’re going to a tribunal or court without a lawyer, find out where to get help to represent yourself and what a McKenzie Friend, the Personal Support Unit or an interpreter can do. We will process your personal information in accordance with our privacy notice. Stuart spoke to an expert at Which?
Legal Ian’s claim was settled out of court and he was refunded £5,420 plus £205 towards his court fees. The former hinges on the possibility of software agents being regarded as legal persons in the eyes of the law. IManage, the company dedicated to Making Knowledge WorkTM, today announces that HFW has selected iManage Cloud as its platform for document and email management. Get advice on giving evidence in court as a witness or a victim including where to get help and support. Please complete the form below and a member of our support team will contact you the next working day.