Public administration is a social science that studies a country’s constitutional structure and all things associated with the public. On the other hand public organizations, public policy, public management, and public services.
Definition of Public Administration
Public administration is one of the social sciences that examines the state management system by linking it with policies, organizations, management, and services. Public management is similar to the legislative, judicial, and executive branches, as also different public regulations and policies. It includes objectives, development, and ethics that govern state affairs.
In addition, Public administration is defined by institutions and the general population, administration can be defined as the work or collaboration of a group of people to fulfill pre-defined goals. Then, the process of carrying out decisions or policies for the benefit of the state and citizens.
According to Experts
Several definitions are based on expert opinion, namely:
- Nicholas Henry
Public administration is a combination of theory and practice which aims to provide an understanding of government in relation to society and also to encourage public policies to be more responsive to social needs.
- Pasolong Harbin
Then, a goal that serves market needs effectively and efficiently in a collaborative activity carried out by two or more people called public administration
- Dwight Waldo
Public administration is a management arrangement carried out on the organization of people and their equipment to achieve organizational goals.
- Dr. H. Amin Ibrahim
Public administration is the government’s effort in managing a good governance system (planning, organizing, implementing, and supervising development) with a working mechanism and human resource support.
Here is the Function
- Traditional Function its main functions such as; general welfare, taxation, foreign relations, domestic order, defense and security, public works, and.
- Nation Development Function, so this function aims to foster a sense of love for the homeland and nation in the midst of a very heterogeneous Indonesian society.
- Economic Management Function
The functions as a regulator.
- Social Welfare Function, this function is directly related to the citizen welfare service system. So, the government must intervene in improving social welfare by providing services to the community namely; public housing, health services, social welfare social security.
- Environmental Control Function
This function aims to prevent damage to the environment due to human activities in exploiting nature so that environmental controls are carried out namely research and development, conservation, urban planning, and so on.
- Human Rights Function
This function provides guarantees of democracy so that the government can serve and protect the public. Some of these human rights functions are the protection of human rights.